DID YOU KNOW…
- Your brakes are your vehicle’s most important safety system, and are crucial to keeping you safe. They must be in perfect working order, especially if they are to operate quickly and effectively in hazardous situations.
- Your vehicle’s handling, weight, speed and especially the quality of its components play a decisive role when you apply the brakes.
- When a vehicle brakes, the brake pads are pressed against the spinning brake disc. During this process the brake pads and the disc are worn down.
- If brakes on one side of the vehicle are more worn, the risk of skidding is increased.
- If brake pads are completely worn down, metal rubs against metal. The heat build-up increases, producing deep scars and cracks on the brake disc, which will reduce braking performance.
- Brake discs and pads are the components subject to the most extreme wear and tear along with your tires. If one of these components wears out, it should be replaced immediately.
VOLKSWAGEN ORIGINAL BRAKES …
- Ensure optimal braking performance and shorter braking distances, providing greater safety for a wide range of weather conditions and speeds.
- Are specially designed to match the vehicle’s weight and top speed. This means that the material composition, weight and thickness of the discs and pads will vary according to the car’s engine type.
- Can withstand extremely punishing conditions. Although brake pads can be applied to discs with a ton of force during an emergency stop, the brake discs will not warp or break.
- Respond reliably even under extreme operating temperatures.
- Operate quietly and smoothly. They produce no loud noises,and no vibrations can be felt on the brake pedal.
- Provide a long service life when Volkswagen Original brake discs and brake pads are used.